Asus has just added two new entertainment laptops to their online catalog of products. The new additions are both categorized as being Versatile Performance notebooks on the site. To match that label ASUS has designed each notebook to have the new second generation Intel Core processors other times known as Intel Sandy Bridge.
By the way the two additions names are ASUS K73E and ASUS K73SV, both models offer similar clean aesthetic looks with “high quality aluminum textures” designs Brown and Silver color choices and 17.3-inch HD displays.
However to get back to the features the two notebooks do share the same three Intel Sandy Bridge processors inside. The dual-core 2.10 GHz Intel Core i3-2310M and 2.30 GHz Intel Core i5-2410M processors and the quad-core 2.00 GHz Intel Core i7-2630QM processor. The new processors aren’t that should interest you about this laptop ASUS has also included other exclusive features like ‘IceCool Technology’ which helps to keep the palm rests on both laptops cool and ‘SonicFocus’ audio enhancement tools on both laptops.
When we were looking for features to list about the K73E and K73SV we found the only difference between the two models is the graphics options. The K73E is the more of the budget computer because it only has Intel HD Graphics (integrated graphics) but for the K73SV it’s the powerhouse it has only two discrete graphics options in the Nvidia GeForce GT 540M 1GB and 2GB DDR3 VRAM versions which are DirectX 11 and Shader 5.0 compliant.
ASUS on the detailed pages for either laptop don’t mention a thing about pricing or when either will be available and some research on our part yielded no results on that front either. However for now it looks like the K73E will be the lower priced model with the K73SV being the top-end model of the two. Below are the main features for both laptops specifications pages but we did leave off the CPU’s and GPU’s because we already told you about those above.
ASUS K73E and K73SV Main Features:
- Windows 7 Home Basic/Premium/Professional/Ultimate
- 17.3″ HD+ (1600×900 resolution) LED backlit
- Up to 8GB DDR3 1333 MHz SDRAM, 2 x SO-DIMM sockets
- 320/500/640/750 GB 5400RPM HDD’s and 500/750 GB 7200RPM HDD’s
- 0.3 Mega Pixel Fixed web camera
- Super-Multi DVD or optional Blu-Ray DVD Combo
- Wi-Fi, optional Bluetooth 2.1+EDR, 10/100/1000 LAN
- 3 -in-1 card reader ( SD/ MS/ MMC), 4x USB 2.0, HDMI, RJ-45, Headphone, Mic
- Altec Lansing Speakers and SonicFocus audio software
- 6 cell (5200 mAh 56Whrs) battery
- 3.20 kg (with 6 cell battery)