In Taipei at Computex 2013 computer maker Gigabyte has unveiled a new gaming laptop named Gigabyte P35K, the new model was announced as their most stunning gaming laptop ever. The new Gigabyte P35K is getting such praise from its creator because it is slimmest and most portable performance gaming laptop yet.
Categorized under the new brand Ultrablade the new Gigabyte P35K could be considered a gaming Ultrabook. The gaming laptop weighs about 4.8 pounds and measures just 21mm thick while having a Full HD 1080p 15.6-inch IPS display (IPS is not standard), a quad-core Intel Core i7 4th gen. Haswell processor, a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 765M 2GB GDDR5 graphics card, and much more.
In addition to the slim design Gigabyte also reports that the new P35K will feature an optical drive that is user removable so an extra storage drive can be added to the machine. The P35K’s motherboard can support up to 3TB of storage too. Gigabyte reports that the P35K will come with regular DVD/CD write and read capabilities as well as Blu-Ray/DVD/CD read, and Blu-ray/DVD/CD read and write with BDXL support.
Another design element of note for the P35K is the possibility of Thunderbolt. In photos posted by Gigabyte on their website they show a single Thunderbolt I/O port on the right side of the notebook beside two USB 3.0 ports (this notebook has two other USB 2.0 ports on the opposite side). However in the specifications chart Gigabyte mentions all the other ports pictured but not Thunderbolt.
With Thunderbolt you get even faster data transfer rates than you do with USB 3.0 (which is already a lot faster than the USB 2.0 most people still use today), also you get the ability to output video to external displays withe port which shares the same shape as DisplayPort, and finally for gaming you will have the ability to use external desktop GPU’s with a Thunderbolt cable once eGPU’s become affordable for consumers.
Below is a list of all the planned specifications for the Gigabyte P35K per Gigabyte’s P35K website:
- Windows 8, Windows 8 Pro, Windows 7 Home Premium, Windows 7 Professional
- Future 4th gen Intel® Core™ processors
- 15.6″ Full HD 1920×1080 IPS LCD or 15.6″ Full HD 1920×1080 LCD
- 4/8GB DDRIIIL 1600, 2 slots (Max 16GB)
- Intel® 8 series chipset
- Intel® HD Graphics 4600
- NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 765M GDDR5 2GB, Supports NVIDIA® Optimus™ Technology
- Hard drive options (notebook supports Quadruple-Storage System)
- 128/256GB mSATA SSD + 128/256GB mSATA SSD
- 128GB/256GB mSATA SSD + 128/256GB mSATA SSD + 500GB/750GB/1TB 2.5″ 9.5mm SSHD (Hybrid HDD) 5400/7200rpm
- 128GB/256GB mSATA SSD + 128/256GB mSATA SSD + 500GB/750GB/1TB 2.5″ 9.5mm HDD 5400/7200rpm
- 500GB/750GB/1TB 2.5″ 9.5mm HDD 5400/7200rpm
- Optical drive
- Blu-ray Rewritable Drive with BDXL Support
- Blu-ray DVD Combo Drive
- Super Multi DVD RW
- Two USB 3.0, Two USB 2.0, HDMI, D-sub, RJ-45, Mic-in, Earphone-out, SD Card Reader, DC-in Jack
- Two 1.5 Watt stereo speakers and one subwoofer
- 1.3MP webcam and microphone
- Kensington Lock
- 6-cell Li-Polymer Battery, 11.1V, 75.81Wh
- ~2.16kg (w/6-cell battery); ~2.26kg (w/ODD and 6-cell battery)
- Dimensions - 385(W) x 270(D) x 21(H) mm
Gigabyte only unveiled the name and features for the P35K today, no price or release date is known at this time for this interesting gaming laptop.